At CIBC, we know that our core beliefs help tell the story of who we are and why we're here. These beliefs inspire our gatherings each week and help to shape the life transformation we pursue.
1. We believe God wrote the Bible through men without error.
(2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:20-21)
2. We believe God exists eternally in trinity; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.(Deuteronomy 6:4, 2 Corinthians 13:14)
3. We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal God-man who became a man, lived a sinless life, died on a cross, was buried, and physically rose from the grave to redeem sinful humanity.
(John 1:14, 1 Peter 2:21-22, Acts 4:10, Philippians 2:7-11, Luke 23:26-24:53)
4. We believe the Holy Spirit is the supernatural agent in salvation, baptizing all Christians into the universal church at conversion, indwelling and sealing them until the day of Christ’s return.
(John 16:8-11, 2 Corinthians 3:6, 1 Corinthians 12:12-14, Romans 8:9, Ephesians 5:18)
5. We believe all humans are sinful and in need of salvation. Salvation is the gift of God brought to humans by grace alone, and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. A true Christian will be kept by God’s power forever.
(John 6:37-40, John 10:27-30, Romans 8:1, 1 Corinthians 1:4-8, 1 Peter 1:5)
6. We believe God has created all humans in his image. He has created them uniquely female and male.
7. We believe the church is a spiritual organism made up of all believers everywhere for all time.
(Ephesians 1:22-23, Ephesians 5:25-27, 1 Corinthians 12:12-14, 2 Corinthians 11:2)
8. We believe the establishment of local churches is clearly taught and defined in the New Testament.
(Acts 14:27, Acts 18:22, 1 Timothy 3:1-3, Titus 1:5-11)
9. We believe in the autonomy of the local church and practice believer’s Baptism and the Lord’s Supper as our ordinances.
(Acts 13:1-4, Acts 15:19-31, Romans 16:14, 1 Corinthians 3:9, 1 Peter 5:1-4, Matthew 28:19-20, Acts 2:41, 42, Acts 18:8, 1 Corinthians 11:23-36)
10. We believe that Jesus is returning to earth to judge all people and to rule and reign with His saints forever.
(Revelation 22:12, 2 Timothy 4:1)